Enjoy this delicious low carb version of your traditional Italian meatballs. Juicy, cheesy, and full of flavor, these tender meatballs are so good you won’t even miss the pasta or garlic bread!
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine beef, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- To the same skillet, add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs back to skillet, cover and simmer until sauce has thickened, 15 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan before serving.
- Optional: serve the meatballs with a side of zoodles if you’re craving pasta!