This raw vegan recipe is ideal for those who are taking a more plant-based approach to their keto journey, or just want to lay low on the animal products for a minute. Moreover, because it’s raw, it’s chockfull of vitamins and benefits! This dish is extremely fresh, flavorful and comes together in about 10 -15 minutes!
Top Tips: You will want to invest in a spiralizer to make this dish. They’re affordable and very easy to use, and you’ll be able to make “pasta” out of other veggies in the future. If you don’t have a spiralizer, use a veggie peeler to create long, thin ribbons out of your zucchini, or simply cut your zucchini by hand into very thin strips to mimic pasta. It’s more time-consuming, but it still works.
Note that this dish is at its best when fresh, but you can store it in the fridge for 1 to 2 days if you have leftovers.
Note that any nuts can be used instead of pine nuts, even seeds!
THIS RECIPE YIELDS 2 SERVINGS
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- 1 zucchini
- 1 1/4 cup basil
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 12 sliced cherry tomatoes
- Prep your zucchini noodles using a peeler, spiralizer or by hand.
- Rinse them and then pat till totally dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Setting the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes aside, blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Combine noodles, avocado sauce and cherry tomatoes in a mixing bowl.