TUNA NICOISE SALAD
This delightful recipe offers an extra boost of protein to your everyday salad.
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can Light Tuna in Water, Drained and Flaked
- 1 cup Sliced Olives, Drained
- 2 cups Mixed Salad Greens
- 1 Small Red Onion, Halved and Thinly Sliced
- 2 Hard-Boiled Large Eggs, Cut into Quarters
- 1 Medium Sweet Red Pepper, Chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Green Beans, Trimmed and Halved
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 teaspoon Capers, Rinsed and Drained
- Begin by taking the dressing ingredients and mix them all into a small bowl. In a separate bowl, sprinkle the tuna with the olives and capers.
- Next, cook the green beans in boiling water until crunchy and tender. Leave on the side to cool.
- After, line the salad dish with the leafy greens and top with the tuna mixture, green beans, onion, pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs into wedges and add to the salad. Serve with the dressing.