THE CHAFFLE (KETO WAFFLE)
Are you sick of finding creative ways to have bread? Well, hold your horses, because we have a super fun idea for you to enjoy! But don’t be mad at us, you need a waffle iron to make this happen. There are rumours out there that you could achieve the same result with a grill pan, but we don’t want to be held accountable for any disappointing waffles attempted to be made without using the proper equipment.
If you do have a waffle iron, though, or you were thinking of investing in one, then now would definitely be the time to make the chaffle. This cheesy, low carb waffle holds its own and is promised to not taste like cheesy eggs - although those are in fact, the two main ingredients that make it up.
Top Tip: Make a ham and cheese sandwich out of the chaffle, or fashion yourself some keto chicken and waffles! If you do want your chaffles to be sweet, however, we recommend you add a dash of vanilla and cinnamon to the mix before you cook them. Don’t forget the butter on top once they’re ready for that extra keto-kick!
YIELD: THIS RECIPE MAKES ONE CHAFFLE
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 Minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Plug in the waffle maker to heat.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the mozzarella and stir to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the heated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove waffle carefully and cook remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter and sugar-free syrup.