SPICY PEPPER & JALAPEÑO FRITTATA
This is an ideal breakfast or brunch recipe for those that like to kickstart their day with a spicy twist.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoons pepper
- ½ cup of green onions, chopped
- In a large deep-sided pan, fry the finely chopped onion, red and green peppers and jalapeño over medium heat in olive oil until tender. Add finely chopped garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, crack five large eggs into a bowl and whisk with salt, pepper and grated cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 8 minutes, stirring the mix towards the center to cook evenly throughout.
- Remove from the heat, and cut into pizza-style slices. Garnish with green onions and serve with side salad.