SALMON PROSCIUTTO SKEWERS
Diet? You’ll forget you’re even on one with these flavour-dense fresh salmon, basil and prosciutto skewers. They’re ready for your summer BBQ!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound of salmon, frozen in pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 oz. prosciutto, in slices (or replace the prosciutto with bacon strips)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 wooden skewers
- Soak the skewers in cold water.
- Chop the basil finely, and cut the frozen salmon pieces. It’s easier to thread them on the skewers when the fish is still a little bit frozen. Thread the pieces of salmon onto the skewers.
- Roll the skewers in the chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Slice the prosciutto (or bacon) into thin strips and wrap them generously around the salmon.
- Cover the skewers in olive oil and bake in the oven at 425 degrees F or on a grill for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with the mayonnaise. If preferred, the mayonnaise can be replaced with balsamic glaze.