LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP ZOODLES
This zoodle dish is a healthy, light alternative to your classic shrimp pasta dish.
- 5 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, make 5 zucchinis into noodles and set them aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter (or oil) in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip the shrimp and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Mix in lemon juice and chili flakes. Set aside the shrimp.
- Sauté the zoodles in the pan for 2-3 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the pan and toss again until everything is warmed up.
- Sprinkle with parmesan before serving.
- Optional: add spinach or basil to the zoodles for an extra serving of vegetables!