Ah, ribs. An almost-perfect keto delight! But what exactly keeps the dish from achieving perfection? All the sugar content in the barbecue sauce! However, what if we told you that you could make ribs keto quite easily, kissing the use of sugar goodbye easily?
We knew you’d be excited!
Top Tip: When choosing your ribs, make sure to select slabs that have good meat coverage over the bones and no large areas of surface fat. Avoid slabs where the meat has been cut too close to the bone. For best quality, avoid buying ribs that are frozen or have been previously frozen.
THIS RECIPE YIELDS TWO RACK OF RIBS
Prep Time: 4 Hours and 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Hours 20 Minutes
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Garlic cloves (2, finely chopped)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger.
- 3.5 lbs pork baby back ribs about 2 racks of ribs
- Keto/sugar-free BBQ sauce (optional - we like Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce).
- Make your rub: In a blender or food processor, add the olive, garlic, shallot, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and ginger. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Prep the ribs: On a flat surface, cut the rib racks into quarters and arrange on a baking sheet. Cover the ribs evenly with the rub, massaging it into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- When you’re about ready to take your ribs out of the fridge, preheat the oven to 300°F. Take your ribs out and let them get to a chilled room temperature for optimal cooking.
- Place your ribs in the oven. Cook for 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Remove the ribs from the oven. Allow them to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing
- Sauce the ribs with your favorite sugar-free barbecue sauce (if using).