ULTIMATE KETO OMELET SUPREME
This omelet is so rich and flavorful, it’ll send you into ketosis just by looking at it! A meal in a pinch, it can be enjoyed at any time of day - breakfast, lunch or dinner! It can also be a chic choice to serve for a mini date with a friend or someone special. And best of all? Eggs are the definition of a protein and energy-packed keto food! So this 2 person omelet is ideal for feeding a pair of ketogenics! (Or, just yourself - twice.)
Remember, you can alternate the filling to whatever you want, but stick with the base of this omelet and you’re in for a ketosis-inducing culinary experience.
Top Tips: If you’re looking for a great side to go with this, pair it with a fresh yet simple green salad. Also, to make this vegetarian, sub the meat for mushroom! You could alternate the filling with whatever you wish, as long as you keep it keto-friendly.
THIS RECIPE YIELDS 2 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 Minutes
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. shredded cheese, divided
- 2 oz. butter
- 5 oz. smoked deli ham, diced
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk your eggs and cream until the mixture is fluffy. Add salt and pepper and any other seasoning you like.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and mix well into the mixture.
- Melt your butter on a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Sauté the diced ham, onion and peppers for a few minutes. Add the egg mixture and fry until the omelet is almost firm. Be extra mindful not to burn the edges.
- Reduce the heat after a little while. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and fold the omelet.
- Cut the omelet in half, serve immediately...and enjoy!