KETO CAPRESE KEBABS
Class up your cocktail parties, dinner parties, gatherings or just any weekday snack with this delicious combination of fresh flavors! It’s like having a gorgeous, summery salad on a stick.
Top Tip: Making your own pesto is easy! Just use the ratio 1:2:2:8 (1 part nuts, 2 parts oil, 2 parts parmesan and 9 parts leaves or herbs) with spices and lemon (and don’t forget the salt!) in a food processor to get the consistency you want.
YIELD: THIS RECIPE MAKES 2 GENEROUS SKEWERS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: None
- 2 cups baby heirloom or any cherry tomatoes (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 2 cups baby mozzarella cheese balls (180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pitted (60 g/ 2.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp red or green pesto (30 g/ 1.1 oz)*
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, or to taste
- Make sure your tomatoes are washed, and cut them in half (optional)
- Cut your mozzarella cheese balls in half (optional) and set in a bowl with your pesto to smother
- Take your skewers and create the pattern: Tomato, basil, cheese, olive, basil, cheese until satisfied.
- Serve them on a pretty platter and enjoy!