Beef and broccoli is a family favorite, and a hearty meal that’s easy to satisfy in any season. Throw this weeknight meal together any cold evening and your taste buds will thank you.
Top tip: Pair it with cauliflower rice, a (keto-friendly) side salad, or straight out of the skillet!
THIS RECIPE YIELDS 2 SERVINGS
Servings: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
0 HOURS 15 MINS
- 1 lb. flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2”-piece ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Freeze your steak for 15 minutes in order for it to toughen, then slice it very thinly against the grain. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, heat your avocado oil. Sear the steak strips until golden, for about 3 minutes. Transfer the seared steak to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and apple cider vinegar. Add broccoli and let simmer until broccoli is cooked through and sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Return beef to pan, along with any juices, and heat until just cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle with sesame oil before serving.