JUICY TURKEY WITH HERBS
This tasty turkey dish is ideal if you’re a meat lover but still want to keep your diet low fat and healthy.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons of fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey breast half with bone
- For the marinade, mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, oil, parsley, green onions, garlic, dill, rosemary, salt and pepper into a large bowl.
- Set aside half of the mixture. Put the other half into a resealable plastic bag and into this add the turkey breast. Make sure the bag is properly sealed, and shake the contents until the turkey breast is completely covered with the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator and let the turkey marinate for up to six hours.
- Next, cover the turkey and grill it under a medium heat for about 75 minutes, basting as much as possible with the remainder of the marinade.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with additional dill, rosemary and parsley if desired.