GUILT-FREE STEAK & EGGS
This hearty steak & egg meal guarantees to fulfill every keto dieter.
- 2 Beef Skirt Steak or Flank Steak
- 2 teaspoon Steak Seasoning
- 4 tablespoon Butter or Coconut Oil, Divided
- 2 medium Zucchini, Halved Lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch Slices
- 2 medium Yellow Summer Squash, Halved Lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch Slices
- 2 medium Red Peppers, Chopped
- 6 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 4 large Eggs
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Begin by thoroughly rubbing the steak seasoning into the steak to enhance flavor.
- Next, grill each steak covered over medium-high heat for around 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove from the grill and leave too cool down on a plate for around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, squash and red pepper and sauté the vegetable mix for around 5-7 minutes, or until crisp and tender. Add the spinach along with salt and pepper to cook until nicely wilted for around 2 minutes.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining butter and carefully break in four eggs, one at a time. Reduce the heat to low.
- While you wait, thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve over the roasted vegetables. Top with the fried egg and parmesan cheese for an extra keto touch.
- Optional: season with rosemary and green onions for added taste!