FRESH SHRIMP MANGO AVOCADO SALAD
Zesty, tangy and flavourful, this filling shrimp salad combines fresh summer ingredients such as mixed greens, avocado and mango with a light and citrusy dressing. Perfect for a warm summer night!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound of peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 pack of mixed spring greens
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot red chili (or ½ tsp. dried red chili flakes)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Dice avocados and mangoes into cubes and add them to the bowl. Add green onion, cilantro, chili, mixed greens and shrimp. Mix gently.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.