CAULIFLOWER MAC N CHEESE
With ribs and bread you need to have a fun side dish like Mac n’ Cheese. And one of the beautiful thing about keto is that the lifestyle heavily goes back to cheese as being a staple ingredient. Cheese is apparent in this family, so don’t be shy! And feel free to switch it up by adding or replacing the cheeses you’e more fond of, like parmesan, gorgonzola, provolone - the options are endless.
Top Tip: To make this a baked dish, pile it into a casserole and top with keto-friendly breadcrumbs (grated almonds) bacon bits, or more cheese! Don’t forget to get the top nicely caramelized if you’re going to be baking it!
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 3 tbsp butter (divided into 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (28 g) of butter. In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets with the melted butter. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 10-15 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- In a double broiler on the stove, or in the microwave (we aren’t judging! Just use a heat-safe bowl) heat the cheddar cheese, heavy cream, milk, and remaining tablespoon of butter, stirring frequently. Heat until the cheese mixture is smooth. Be careful not to overheat or burn the cheese.
- Toss cauliflower with cheese sauce right before serving.