CAPRESE ZUCCHINI PASTA SUMMER SALAD
This raw vegan recipe is ideal for those who are taking a more plant-based approach to their keto journey, or just want to lay low on the animal products for a minute. Moreover, because it’s raw, it’s chockfull of vitamins and benefits! This dish is extremely fresh, flavorful and comes together in about 10 minutes. This salad couldn’t be any easier!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Top Tip: You will want to invest in a spiralizer to make this dish. They’re affordable and very easy to use, and you’ll be able to make “pasta” out of other veggies in the future. If you don’t have a spiralizer, use a veggie peeler to create long, thin ribbons out of your zucchini, or simply cut your zucchini by hand into very thin strips to mimic pasta. It’s more time-consuming, but it still works well.
Note that this dish is at its best when fresh, but you can store it in the fridge for 1 to 2 days if you have leftovers.
- 6 zucchinis, washed and spiralized
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls (replace with feta if preferred)
- 1 ½ cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add in the spiralized zucchini noodles, mozzarella pearls (or feta), cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and half the basil into a large serving bowl and mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend for minimum 2 hours.
- Top with the rest of the fresh basil and serve cold.