CANTALOUPE PROSCIUTTO MOZZARELLA SKEWERS
Both sweet and savoury at the same time, these refreshing skewers are a perfect summertime appetizer, snack or side dish. They are extremely easy to make, only require a few ingredients and blend a delightful mix of flavours together!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 20 servings
- 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon, seeded
- 20 slices of thinly cut prosciutto
- 20 small to medium sized mozzarella cheese balls
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 20 wooden skewers
- Balsamic glaze, to serve
- First cut the cantaloupe in half, and remove the seeds. Using a melon baller (if you have one), scoop out 20 balls. Alternatively if you don't have one, cut 20 pieces of melon into 1-inch cubes.
- On a skewer, thread one cantaloupe cube, one slice of prosciutto, one mozzarella ball and a fresh basil leaf in desired order. Repeat this process for all skewers until you finish the cantaloupe.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with pepper and refrigerate until serving.