BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
The broccoli cheddar cheese soup is a hearty, creamy soup adored by the keto community. This cheesy recipe is low carb, healthy and easy to make! What more could you want?
- 4 cups of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the garlic for two minutes, until golden.
- Add the heavy cream, chopped broccoli, and chicken broth. Increase heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese gradually, ½ cup at a time until melted. Repeat this step until all the cheese is used up and melted, stirring constantly. Make sure to keep the heat on low.
- Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat immediately once all the cheese is melted. Sprinkle more cheese to serve if desired.